Monday, February 9, 2009

Problem with Google Latitude on Windows Mobile?

After a few failed attempts I have finally managed getting Google Latitude to work on my Windows Mobile device, a HTC TyTN II running Windows Mobile 6.

Following the instructions from Google I visited http://www.google.com/latitude on my device and got a link to download an updated version of the Google Maps application. After installing it, I could tell that the application had been updated to a newer version, but it did not contain any Latitude features. After redoing the downloading and installation process a few times without getting any further I finally found a method that worked for me.


  • Uninstall the Google Maps application if you already have an older version on your device.

  • Reboot your device. You can do this by pressing the power button for a few seconds.

  • Visit https://www.google.com/accounts/Login and login with your Google credentials.

  • Follow the link that says "Latitude" and the continue with downloading and installing the software.



Congratulations! You should now have access to Google Latitude on you mobile device. If not, you might still have luck using the Google Mobile Help Center or the Help Forum.

No comments: